I don’t know about you, but I enjoy spending time alone and enjoying a night out. For that same reason, one morning I decided to buy myself a ticket to go see Harry Styles & oh, I am beyond glad I did! I have never really gone to a concert that I really wanted to go to. If anything, it was because a friend or a sibling wanted to go. Every show I’ve gone to has been small and fun, but NOT like this at all! Basically, I can say that this is my real first concert! I wanted to share some tips with y’all in case you too haven’t attended a concert or if you are planning to go to one.
1. Travel light-I am one to carry a HUGE purse with a bunch of stuff because you never know what you’ll need! This time, I really thought about it, and I was like, “Not this time Janet!” I decided to take a smallish shoulder bag. It was perfect because I was able to have everything I needed without it being completely stuffed. Link to my shoulder bag: Darcy Floral Shoulder Bag
2. Dress comfortable– I understand that we want to dress cute and look good! I get it. I also think that it is better if you can do it and be comfortable from head to toe. It’s been warm out here in LA, so I knew I didn’t want to wear jeans or anything too warm. I decided to wear a Romper with some comfy shoes. I decided canvas sneakers from Target would work great since they aren’t expensive at all and they are lightweight. I also decided to take a denim jacket since you don’t know what the weather will be like.
3. Portable charger– I recently found out that a lot of venues don’t allow cameras like DSLRs or whatever, which is a bummer, but thank God for phones! Since we now all have cell phones, social media, texting, and all that, I think its v handy to carry a portable charger. You just never know if you’ll need it. I got my portable charger at Target for $2O & I love it. I have owned a couple in the past that have a button on it, and if it accidentally gets pressed, the battery gets wasted. The one I got only starts working once the USB cable is connected, so I know the battery will actually charge my cell phone! Plus, it comes in handy when it comes to taking pictures or small recordings once the show starts.
4. PHOTOS– I love taking photos, and it may seem annoying and all, but its memories you get to create with yourself and with whoever you are with! Take a bunch of them, and if you are alone like me, then don’t be afraid to ask a stranger! I am v sure they will say YES!
5. Make a friend– I get that not a lot of people are okay with going to certain things alone, but you’d be surprised by how many people go to concerts alone! It may seem a bit strange, but it’s nice to be alone once in a while. I got on Twitter the night before because I was so excited and I met this wonderful gal, Olga. We ended up hanging out, and I had a blast! She also makes some awesome stuff, and you guys should follow her or at least check out her stuff! Her Instagram: @Innerpeach And if you guys also don’t follow me, you should! My Instagram is: @jusst_janet
6. Extra money– I think taking extra money to an event is most definitely a must! It’s smart to eat before going to an event, but you truly will never know when you will get hungry or thirsty again, or when you want to buy something else that they might have for sale! I for one, am glad I was able to save some money specifically for the show! That way when I wanted a beer, I was able to buy it without freaking out because they are EXPENSIVE! I was also able to buy myself some merch and more than one beer which is v nice haha.
7. Be early– If it’s your first time to a concert or to that specific venue, I suggest you arrive early to get to know the place. Over at The Forum, they had a lot going on, so it made it fun to be there early! They had food, drinks, games, a photo booth, and much more. It gives you the opportunity to have a drink and take photos before the show starts!
8. Enjoy the show– This is self- explanatory. Just enjoy the show and let loose. Sing, dance- do whatever it takes for you to actually enjoy yourself and the time you have there. After all, most concerts aren’t cheap, so get your money’s worth!
9. Plan in advance– Originally, I wasn’t even considering going to see Harry. On a whim, I decided to purchase a ticket, and that’s completely okay! I had a ton of fun, and now if I know someone I really love is going on tour, I should buy my tickets in advance to get a good seat. My seat wasn’t the best, but definitely not the worst. It was in a- okay spot, but I would much rather get a better seat! Lesson learned.
One of my favorite things I loved that The Forum did, was that they had many, many quotes of Harry’s songs on the walls. It made it extra special!
They also had this huge bulletin board where you wrote a note and pinned it up. It said, “HOW DO YOU TREAT PEOPLE WITH KINDNESS”
I wrote “LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! SHOW PEOPLE LOVE & SMILE AT THEM.” I really do live by that because you never know what others may be going through. Sharing a smile can go a long way! Spread kindness, even when its hard!
I am glad I decided to make it to Harry’s ALMOST final show (he had two final shows in Los Angeles, I went on night one). It was such an amazing experience. If you haven’t followed him through his music, well you definitely should! I love that he is such a great person who spreads so, so much love & positivity. We don’t see that a lot and its nice that there is someone out there spreading something so positive up in the air. Remember to spread some kindness wherever you go!