We are all trying to keep ourselves busy and distracting ourselves from the things that are going on in the world. I don’t mean for you to be naive and ignore what is going on, but while we are all at home (I REALLY hope you are) we need to pass time somehow.
I don’t know about you but I love myself a delicious cup of coffee & I have such a fun recipe for you to try! Whilst I usually post photos to go along with my blog post, I decided to change it up and make a video… well I made it for a friend, but I decided to share it with you all! Either way, I am posting the exact ingredients and instructions here if my video makes you CRINGE! haha
I have seen this “whipped coffee” all over the internet for weeks now and well maybe you have come across it too. I really wanted to try it and see if it was any good. I didn’t own any instant coffee because I normally don’t go for that, so I patiently waited until the next time I went to the market for my biweekly shopping (since we are ALL in quarantine). Please make sure you use instant coffee and don’t go out to buy these ingredients just for this. If you currently don’t own any of the ingredients, please wait until the next time you have to go out to the store! Anyway, I will say it again. Use instant coffee because regular ground coffee will NOT work. I was attempting to try it with ground coffee until it clicked in my head that ground coffee won’t dissolve quite like instant coffee will!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Milk (of your choice, I use Oat milk since it’s nice and creamy)
- Instant coffee (I use Nescafé)
- Hot water
- Start by heating up your water.
- Depending on the quantity (I am going for a single serving) start with 1 1/2 cups of milk
- Add 1/2 cup (heaping) of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal to the milk and stir. Allow to soak in for about five minutes. Add more Cereal if you fancy a stronger Cinnamon Toast flavor. Crushing your cereal into smaller pieces will also allow for the sugar and cinnamon pieces to linger in your milk after you separate the cereal from your milk.
- While the milk is soaking, start by adding equal parts of instant coffee and sugar into a large bowl (for a single serving, I used 2 Tbsp of each) Then add the same amount of hot water. You’ll then go ahead and whisk using an electric mixer or a handheld whisk until stiff peaks and has a caramel-like color. *NOTE: In the video mine was a little runny, and it is best when it is THICKER!!!
- Once your five-minute timer goes off using a strainer separate the chunks of cereal from the milk.
- Add ice to your cup and pour the milk over the ice. Using a spoon gradually add your coffee mix to your cup of milk.
Hope you try this amazing recipe and enjoy it as much as I do! Be well for now
One thought on “Cinnamon Toast Iced Coffee”
your photo make me want to drink😁
LikeLiked by 1 person